The bizarre COVID side effect no one is talking about
A subset of COVID survivors are suffering from an unexpected side effect known as parosmia, a condition that causes their sense of smell to go haywire. Coffee smells like sewage and chicken smells like rotting garbage. Yara set out to learn how COVID is doing this to people, and what life is like when you smell and taste all the wrong things with no end in sight.
#COVID #Delta #Parosmia
Subscribe for more videos:
Sign up for subtext, our newsletter about the people and movements driving change in our society:
Follow us on Instagram:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
MUGHLAI CHICKEN HANDI | CHICKEN HANDI RECIPE | BONELESS CHICKEN GRAVY
Mughlai Chicken Handi | Restaurant Style Chicken Handi | Chicken Handi Recipe | Chicken Handi by Spice Eats | Chicken Handi | Boneless Chicken Gravy | Chicken Recipe | Handi Chicken | Boneless Chicken Curry Recipe
Ingredients for Mughlai Chicken Handi:
- Boneless Chicken thighs, 1” pieces- 450-500 gms
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Crushed Pepper- 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves) - 2 tsp
- Grated Onion- 100 gms (2 small)
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Readymade tomato purée or paste- 4 tbsp
- Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 3 tbsp
- Cashew paste- 12 cashews
- Green Chillies, sliced- 3
- Refined Oil- 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Cut the boneless chicken thighs into 1” pieces. Marinate with salt and crushed pepper. Mix and set aside for 30 mins.
- Grate the onion and whisk the curd/yogurt.
- Make a paste of the cashew nuts. To make cashew paste, add the whole cashews into a grinder/blender and coarse grind into a fine powder. Add 3 tbsp water and blend into a smooth paste. Set aside for use later.
- Slice the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves for garnish.
- For tomato purée/paste, use readymade tomato purée available in stores. If not available, blend 2 medium red ripe tomatoes into a paste and use that instead.
- Dry roast the Kasuri Methi (dried Fenugreek leaves) and crush it into a coarse powder with your hand.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadhai and add the grated onion. Fry on medium heat for 4-5 mins till the colour changes. Add the ginger garlic paste, mix and continue to fry on low to medium heat for 2-3 mins.
- Now add the marinated chicken, mix and fry on high heat for 1-2 mins till the colour changes to white and slightly browned.
- Add all the spice powders other than Garam Masala Powder and Kasuri Methi, mix and fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Now add the readymade tomato purée, give a mix and fry on medium to low heat for 3-4 mins till it’s cooked and oil separates.
- Now add the cashew paste and whisked curd/yogurt, mix it well and cook on low heat for 2 mins till oil separates.
- Now add 150 ml water and sliced green chillies, give a stir and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins till the chicken is cooked and oil separates.
- Add the garam masala powder and crushed Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek leaves), give a mix and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
#mughlaichickenhandi #chickenhandirecipe #chickenrecipe #bonelesschickengravy #handichicken #chickengravy #chickencurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken